Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Skule is ruining my life

Summer school has been killing me i'm trying to do a semester in two months its really time consuming and i haven't been doing much painting but i was asked to help rep my boy JC

It was a mural to cover up some graffiti. It was weird because i remeber hitting this wall when i was first getting up, and alot of the graffitti was just scribble and no style you could tell it was a training ground, and i actually buffed some stuff myself but i got over it. My buddy david gave me the heads up and the main artist didn't mind that i was a vandal infact he was real interested and i showed him some guerilla tools. it was all love. if you look to the right side of the mural, that was my team(JC's left to the end of the wall). I had to put up the black lines and tell the people how to paint it. So i got a t-shirt, 2 buisness cards, met a council women, some sweet graffiti wipeout hat and sweeted like a fat bastard.

The pictures suck, there old school film i scanned in. The banner says "edgewood comunity" and the other say "juntes se puede" which means together we can. For one day i didn't feel like a Filthy vandal,but its back to the filth now. Its nice to pretend. Listen Me and some guys have been asked by This council women how we can combat graffiti, were meeting this thursday. Give me some ideas so that i can act like i care.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan G. said...

What up Bo did.. I checked out that post on Carlos Dinero.. what a fag.. anyway, I live in the Bucktown neighborhood of Chicago and it has alot of cool artists and a funky music scene. One thing you see all the time is advertising space filled up with commissioned art work by graffiti artists.. Ask this council lady to commission some space for graffiti artists or just set aside some free space for them so they dont have to practice on the side of Burger King.. good luck bro..

10:39 PM  
Blogger CHARLIE MONEY said...

im a fag huh? that's cool, i can tell you're not one of those white dudes acts as if they were black at all. I hope you can sense sarcasm because I'm laying it on pretty thick right now.

back to the task at hand. bodi, why did you give her the impression you gave a rat's ass in the first place? If I were a vandal in that situation I would have just said something like, "I'm not the one you should be asking this question to" or something like that. I think your first mistake was acting as though you care but who am I to tell you anything right? I'm not too hip to the whole grafiti scene but i guess poonface right above me had a pretty good idea to have the city set aside some space for you all to work your magic.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Battle said...

This is my favorite thing you've done. I love it, white robes outstreached arms... your repin' JC (Jesus Christ) just like me. See, it is possible to spraypaint walls and not get in trouble for it. You get money, less jail time/fines, you have more time to do what you want, and people whose walls you paint acctually thank you for it instead of chasing you with bats.

If you wanted to combat graffiti I'll tell you how. It's to buff alot and consistantly, set up cameras in the dark alleys, have some free walls that you don't buff. Then commission those artists to do murals in the places where graffiti is gonna be anyways.

Thanks for linking me. I appreciate that. I drew you a picture based on your last post. I was wondering if I could send it to you whats your email address? mine is battle36@gmail.com

1:29 PM  
Blogger bodidarma said...

G-that seems like the most resonable answer since theres only one legal wall in SA

Los Dinero- wow carlos i didn't know we were cool, i still think your gay but at least you one of the good gays,your alright dinero. as far as caring, i really did it to build my peices of shit portfolio. and the guy who ste this up used to vandalize and now he works for the city and just puts up murals. and all he does is paint the black lines and get young starlets like me to finish it up. try to tell me thats not a sweet job. i'm just trying to weasil in somehow.

36- they tried stetting up cameras at this one place. i remember going to this place that used to be free and i had a back-full of paint and some cop came up acting like a cop ran my name took my bag and said "theres cameras here now go ahead and come back at night bumb shit" so when i came back at night i saw some of my friends there and they had already busted all the lights and cameras this went on a couble of months and eventually the vandals won cops stop rolling buy and it sort of became a free wall but only at night, it seems like having a free wall is everybodies solution, i'll probably go with

2:28 PM  
Blogger Battle said...

what "guerilla tools" did you show him?

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home